[islandlabs] Support ML today

Yow-Ning Chang yowning at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 09:40:39 EDT 2020

Tuesday nights used to be for Swing Dance Long Island so the bar would be open for that.  Many members of SDLI were there at the BBQ and had a wonderful time with live music.  Couples who quarantined together were dancing.  I have to say it was very therapeutic for me to see friends and feel some normalcy for a change.
As far as Wednesday nights, Mike was usually opening up for us and Tom was responsible for shutting down.
To be meeting indoors, Covid numbers permitting, we need to come up with proper protocols regarding
1 face coverings 2 social distancing, which includes      A maximum capacity in a given room/area     B spacing of seatings3 wiping down 4 ventilation/air filters/air exchange (9 changes per hour?)5 keep ZOOMing?6 temperature checking?
Most schools are doing both remote and in-person learning. My church just started streaming in-person services instead of only videos this past Sunday with limited capacity.  We could potentially discuss the details aiming for a couple of weeks down the road, meanwhile keep an eye on the second wave.
Yow-Ning