[islandlabs] Progress Report 5-8-2019

Yow-Ning Chang yowning at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 11:20:27 EDT 2019

This is a luminating devise from Alan’s neuroscience research equipment company.
PHOTOGENETICS
The light from this little bulb can be controlled by the attached computer program. Neurons can be genetically altered to be light sensitive. This constitutes a method to control the neurons, in the reasearch experiment, carrying light sensors. The advantage of the LED generated light over conventional electronic emissions is durability and the new level of specificity when combined with genetic engineering.
Alan is an avid sailor in Huntington Harbor. He will be on the water for most, if not all, Wednesday nights during the sailing season. Happy sailing and keep us in mind.

Another handsome equipment arrived in the ML basement.  This press drill seems to be capable of much hard work. Does anyone want to test it out?  We might need more work benches to hold these heavy, and potentially useful, equipments.
Meanwhile, all new IL attendees, please consider becoming a Moose Member for only $70 a year.  Since IL is not paying rent for obviously reasons, our exchange for using the space is to bring in lots of Moose Members.

Mother’s Day is this Sunday. Whether or not you have done anything, now you can easily send this gorgeous picture!  Don’t forget your children’s mother too.

EARLY PICNIC
Unfortunately the publicized location of our early picnic is not going to be available due to the PGA Tour. John is coming up with alternatives right this minute and will post something to bring everyone on the same page.  Does anyone have any ideal location with a grill?
MAKERFAIRE BOT
We need to form a focus group on this project whichever robot we are going to make.  This robot will serve as an attraction for people to come to the IL booth.  Hopefully we will have much to show inside the booth.  Rich is usually the one who applies for attendance on behalf of IL, and there will be some free passes for contributors.
That’s all, Folks!
Yow-NingEat Natural and drink water