[islandlabs] Google Exec Admits to Congress they are tracking you even if you opt-out and turn off location

gabe at bigapplehobbies.com gabe at bigapplehobbies.com
Wed Mar 13 18:47:02 EDT 2019

By that logic we should also never drive on a two-way road because doing so means we are assuming responsibility of dying in head-on crashe because, when cars are on two-way roads, head-on crashes can happen and so it’s a matter of personal responsibility.

What happens instead is that before being given a driver’s license, people are instructed about which side of the road to drive on, and told that if they do not obey the rules, they will be penalized in various ways, such that head-on crashes mostly do not happen.

From the article:
"It's not complicated," Hawley insisted. "What's complicated is that you don't allow consumers to stop your tracking of them. You tell them that you do. You would anticipate that they do — that the consumer would have a reasonable expectation based on what you've told them, that they're not being tracked — but in fact, you're still tracking them. You're still gathering the information and you're still using it."

Sent from my iPhone