[islandlabs] Progress Report 12-11-2019

Yow-Ning Chang yowning at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 16:28:11 EST 2019

BRING BACK TABLES
We had to bring the tables out because they were all stored away in the “back” giving way to other activities in the basement since we were there last.  We were able to find most of our stuff except for the most valuable “Fish and Loaf” mixed media art collage.
ELECTRONICS

James and Ryan worked on a video project from scratch— a breadboard. The screen on the right is showing roughly 4 copies of a bird image, due to the fact that the still captured one instant of the flipping screen. James continued this project after we had to clear out the ML and he later sent out a victorious “Finch” image after 4 am the next morning— way to maintain an OFF schedule for sleeping, James!
We congratulate him just the same.

TOY RESTORATION
Yow-Ning made good progress on the robot toy she was trying to repair. The motor purchased in Taipei fit in perfectly (with the right gear). Soldering equipment donated (by Rich?) was employed to reconnect the power, with Brent’s supervision.  All pieces were put back together except one (sad face). Meanwhile, let’s not forget the one dozen screws that need to go somewhere.  To be continued.
CODING INSTRUCTION
Brent expresses gratitude towards Rich for being able to help his archeologist daughter with C++.  We are indeed a functioning educational organization.
OFFICIAL BUSINESS
John delivered a paper copy of the current bylaws for members “in good standing” to review. Next week will be the volting week with new nominations of president etc..  Maybe someone will post the nominees on the list for people who could not attend this week’s meeting, in case there are other qualified nominees that needs to get on the ballot.
HOLIDAY SEASON
Christmas and New Year’s Day are both on Wednesday, we won’t be able to meet at the ML for two weeks straight.  Suggestions for activities are welcome.
That’s all, Folks!
Yow-NingEat Natural and Drink Water