[islandlabs] Tuesday ARCECS.org (DMR Presentation); Wednesday Island Labs; Thursday Windows Admin; Sunday Incorporation Meeting

Bill Burns bot779 at protonmail.com
Tue May 2 06:01:25 EDT 2017

Tuesday at 8:00pm in Mineola, the ARCECS.org will be giving a talk on DMR.
https://www.meetup.com/Island-Labs-Makerspace/events/239642454/
Wednesday at 8:00pm in Westbury Island Labs will be having its regular weekly Meeting.
https://www.meetup.com/Island-Labs-Makerspace/events/239557031/
Thursday at 8:00pm in an as-yet undisclosed location, the Windows Admin group will be meeting.
https://www.meetup.com/Island-Labs-Makerspace/events/239583377/
Sunday at 5:00pm in Wantaugh, there will be an Island Labs Incorporation Meeting.
https://www.meetup.com/Island-Labs-Makerspace/events/239649991/

At the next Island Labs meeting:

We'll find/do a few updates to the space:
We have a new antenna stand.
The fireplace has been cleared out, potentially for use as a 3D printer location. (needs some additional cleaning)
And we have a rug. (which needs to be rolled-out)

PREVIOUS MEETING:
At the last Island Labs meeting, lots of stuff went on which I planned to tell you about but (of course) my memory has been wiped clean since then.

There's been more discussion of 8-bit topics related to the 6502, etc.
Ephraim and Doug have been talking about running Arduino classes.
Ephraim has also been asking when our Spring Picnic is going to be.
There are 2 3D printers in the space at the moment.
The milling machine is a work in progress.
There was more talk about hydro-mechanical logic circuits.

And (as I said) I've forgotten the rest.
If anyone else can fill in the gaps, please do.

FROM THE INTERNET:

Solar "Motor"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqpnAKf9cM&spfreload=1

Solenoid-piston motor