[islandlabs] Urethane Casting

Burns, William burns at cshl.edu
Thu Jun 30 23:04:21 EDT 2016

Hmm.
I don' think Stephen's part is tubular but if it was, would it be castable this way?
Also... it needs to be printed first.

If you just want to cast *something* why don't you cast an owl?
(or some other test print you've done)

Do you want to cast a random boat part?
I could provide a traveler eye.
(like this one)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Traveller-Eye-for-a-Laser-/221676340996

If you want something more challenging (and articulated) how about a CAM cleat?
http://www.pyacht.com/schaefer-fast-entry-cam-cleats.htm
I don't have one of these on-hand but could buy one.

I also have a "clam" cleat, kinda' like this one:
http://www.tridentuk.com/gb/product-clamcleat-side-entry-mk2-starboard-jhcl217mk2an.html

All of these boat parts have holes in them.
I'm not sure they'd be good/easy for casting.

-Bill