[islandlabs] "sequence" clock app idea

rich at richardsiena.com rich at richardsiena.com
Thu Nov 12 20:39:29 EST 2015

Yes,

If you join the developer network you can register multiple devices to run the apps you are creating.

I started writing one but ran out of time.

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

..Rich
----------------------
Richard Siena
516-805-8020
rich at richardsiena.com

On Nov 12, 2015, at 7:41 PM, Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle at coredump.us> via List <list at lists.islandlabs.org> wrote:

Subject was: "Tuesday LILUG; Wednesday Island Labs; Thursday Nassau ARES;
             Baby-3D Printer"

Burns, William <burns at cshl.edu> via List:
[...]
> Do any of us do iPhone apps?

Nobody I personally know locally is writing iOS apps.  Last I head heard iOS
/ iPhone won't let you side-load apps that you write yourself, which is
probably a good portion of why that is.  [Anybody know if that's possible?]

> Here's a software project I'd (self-interestedly) like to see someone
> work on: An audible race "sequence" clock app for a mobile phone. (maybe
> that exists already?) It would display a 5 minute count-down while making
> a metronome-like ticking sound at 1-second intervals, plus distinctive
> tones at the 10-second intervals within each minute, plus distinctive
> horn-blowing sounds at each minute. When it reached the "0" second mark,
> there would be some "start" sound and then the clock would start counting
> forward. (w/ no sounds)
>
> That's about it for now. See you at the meetings. (random links below)

Have a look for both "countdown clock" and "kitchen timer".

I have a "kitchen timer" on Android which does everything except the sounds
during the countdown.

 -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle