[islandlabs] New Intel edison based quadcopter.

Chris Knadle Chris.Knadle at coredump.us
Wed Apr 29 19:26:43 EDT 2015

On 04/23/2015 06:11 PM, Jeff Garruba <REDACTED> via List wrote:
> So I was poking around some Intel  Edison stuff and came across this cool
> PWM block.
>

> Then got to thinking since Ankle biter has succumb to great tragedy  it
> might be cool to build the son of ankle biter  using and Intel Edison. after
> searching around i did find people flying quads with them but can't find the
> flight software needed.  Note most of the Edison based Quads were Russian
> built or at least info posted on them was in Russian.

I watched some video recently about a guy that made a "quadcopter" with
8 motors -- (one above, one below, 4 "legs") where he discussed putting
Linux on a quadcopter -- he recommended against having the Linux
hardware itself run the quadcopter controls, because that way there's no
issue of having to be "real-time", and instead having the Linux computer
focus on things like navigation.

So I think it's still an awesome idea to put Linux on the quadcopter,
just for a slightly different purpose.  ;-)

   -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle at coredump.us