[islandlabs] FW: Maker Faire at Stony Brook

Frank Pernice fpernice518
Wed Apr 10 10:52:46 EDT 2013

And to Jonathan,

Really anything that you can think of to help. We're looking for donations
(materials and/or monetary) as well as exhibitors and general advertising.
Posting it on blogs and websites certainly helps. As well as bringing it up
at Island Labs and other hackerspaces.

We are looking for, in particular, supplies for a Diet Coke and Mentos
demonstration. So if you know anybody who would be willing to donate those
to us, we would appreciate it.

As far as petitioning is concerned, I'll worry about that for next year
since there's nothing we can do to make this an official Maker Faire this
late in the game. Although, I don't think we will have any problems getting
the official name, it's just going to take a while to get through the red
tape on campus.

Best,
Frank Pernice