[islandlabs] Rocket Grill + Makerbots

Joe toolfox
Wed Oct 5 18:38:19 EDT 2011

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:54:05 -0400
Bob Bennett <benro at optonline.net> wrote:

> How often are these HAM radio exams held?  I'll be interested in
> this, but there's no way I can be prepared to do it next week.

In general, local ARCs (Amateur Radio Clubs) hold VE sessions
(Volunteer Examiner - because the FCC stopped administering the test
back in the early 80s) about once a month.

How many clubs are there on LI? Lots and lots. The three that come to
mind are LIMARC (Long Island Mobile Amateur Radio Club) based in
Levittown; GSBARC (Great South Bay Amateur Radio Club) based in
Babylon; and SCRC (Suffolk County Radio Club) based in Mastic.

Joe