[islandlabs] Rocket Grill + Makerbots

Burns, William burns
Wed Oct 5 18:04:31 EDT 2011

This one is Thursday the 13th at 7:30pm in Yaphank...
Like I said, it's $15. If you're not too worried about losing the time, or the $15, it could be a good experience, just to see what taking the exam is like.

I'm not sure where to look for a schedule (or if there is a centralized schedule) but there are other groups (clubs) giving exams.
There should be several exam sessions held every year on the Island.

Oh, wait... Here's a place to check for exam dates+locations.
http://www.arrl.org/find-an-amateur-radio-license-exam-session
I'm not sure all of these exams will happen.
(They didn't confirm ours 'till we had 4 people registered)

-Bill
________________________________
From: list-bounces at freeculture.org [mailto:list-bounces at freeculture.org] On Behalf Of Bob Bennett
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:54 PM
To: Island Labs main mailing list
Subject: Re: [islandlabs] Rocket Grill + Makerbots

How often are these HAM radio exams held?  I'll be interested in this, but there's no way I can be prepared to do it next week.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Burns, William <burns at cshl.edu<mailto:burns at cshl.edu>> wrote:
Well.. I never got the Makerbot out, but it *was* at Lori's house, so it did attend I suppose.
Next week, LILUG's Tuesday meeting will be about Makerbots.
LILUG meetings are held at CSHL's woodbury location:
500 Sunnyside Blvd.

Today we'll be doing the regular HAM radio study session.
There will be a HAM radio exam held in Yaphank on Thursday the 13th.
The exam fee is $15.
Please let me know if/who is interested in taking the exam.

And.. We can discuss the rocket-stove, and plans for the next rocket-pizza party.

-Bill
(516) 367-6813<tel:%28516%29%20367-6813>