[islandlabs] Meeting Sept 23rd, 2009

Burns, William burns
Thu Sep 24 14:02:29 EDT 2009

I don't have a box. I have a *place*, and an IP *for* a box @ CSHL.
Pointing an islandlabs.org CNAME at a galaxy box/IP should be fine.

Geodesic dome? Cool. How big?
Is it an end unto itself, or is there a greater purpose behind it?

-Bill

________________________________

	From: list-bounces at islandlabs.org
[mailto:list-bounces at islandlabs.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Dahan
	Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:46 PM
	To: Island Labs main mailing list
	Subject: Re: [islandlabs] Meeting Sept 23rd, 2009

	Thanks Bill,

	Near the end of the meeting, I remember someone saying he would
look into getting the right phone for the near-space project. I got some
static IPs from Brian we can use for now, so we are waiting on tonyb to
build the physical box. We will have to use with a redirect since I
don't think AMS will want to make a
{islandlabs,lugsb}.ams.stonybrook.edu . Thanks for offering up a box and
CSL, if we have conflicts with the network here we'll take you up on
that. Brian will be building a geodesic dome and once the numbers are
run will bring it to campus where we can build one.

	- Jonathan

	P.S. s/Johnathan/Jonathan/g Bill

	On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Burns, William