[islandlabs] Official Announcement for the robot army event

Jonathan Dahan jedahan
Tue Sep 1 22:36:29 EDT 2009

This is the tentative official announcement. Suggestions must be in by
tomorrow 11am. If someone could update the poster to include that we are in
the craft center (student union basement):

Want to take over Stonybrook University with a Robot Army? Come build your
very own custom (papercraft + electronics) robot and help take over campus!
Island Labs @ Stonybrook will be helping maniacal villians like yourself
build a multitude of crazy characters complete with blinking led eyes,
moving motors and beeping buzzers. No experience required! We will be
providing the materials, and the Stonybrook Craft Center is graciously
providing the laboratory in the basement of the Student Union. Come join us
Wednesday, September 9th at 7pm.

Island Labs is a hackerspace founded over a year ago. We are a collection of
makers and builders, and like to do all sorts of stuff, electronics /
software / food engineering, woodworking and more. We meet every Wednesday
at 7pm in the Math Building Room 1-113 (except on special events). Join the
mailing list http://freeculture.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/list and
#islandlabs on irc.freenode.net . We also have a website (that is in need of
some lovin) @ http://islandlabs.org .

- Jonathan